Monday 13 February 2012

The HelpThe Help by Kathryn Stockett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book came highly recommended.i knew i would like this book. but now that i have finished reading this book i feel like "why did this book end" .I really loved reading this book.I thought i Knew about racial discrimination before i read this book and while reading this book i felt that i knew nothing about it. every time Aibileen or the other maids being humiliated i put myself in their position and i cringed. the Afro Am slang Aibileen used put me off for a page or two . then i got used to it.The female Characters are so powerfully(each in their own way) etched and there is not a male character to match any of them. not that it puts me off . its just an observation.maybe because the novel did not require one. But , overall it was a awesome read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment